Thursday, June 15, 2006

DIXIE CHICKS TOUR SCHEDULE


Music, for me, has always been non political. I've never, until recently and because of the way Republicans have treated this group, thought about any artist's political affiliation. I either like your music, or I don't....and it has nothing to do with politics. I'm sure many of the artists I love don't share my political views. Doesn't matter to me.... it's about the music, not the politics. So this ban on of the Dixie Chicks, to me, is so utterly ridiculous. In the last week, on MSNBC, they have been yakking it up how they are cancelling dates and having to tour overseas. One guy last night stated they won't make any money overseas. Notice their England date is sold out. That someone would not listen to, buy their cd's or go see them in concert because they don't share the same views is stupid. And the "liberal" media's contribution to their possibly having to cancel tour dates here in the U.S.....well, shame on them. It's about the music folks.....

We've got our tickets for the October 7th show in Ft. Lauderdale. Not because I want to support their political views...because they are a great act. The first time I saw them was at the United Center in Chicago. I had never seen a concert there prior to that, and I went there figuring the acoustics would be really bad. What a surprise.....it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. The acoustics were excellent and these Chicks put on a show that's worth every single last penny. So, I'd encourage my friends to go see them......not so much because of their politics, although I like their politics, but because they really are a great act!!!

Tour dates


Question Girl