Saturday, September 02, 2006

For our friend, Tyree...

"some yrs back thier was a song out by some country singer,i forget his name , but it was long after my momma died , the name of it was my mommas hungry eyes, and it brought back memmories of walking on main street here in evansville i was maby 8 yrs old my hand held by my mother wed stop and look at the pretty dresses and bonnets on the maniqins in the store windows and i looked at mom and noticed the sadness on her face , momma i asked her why are you so sad? she looked at me and squeezed my hand gentely and said because im hungry , and later in life i knew what she ment ,it wasnt a hunger you felt when you needed food shed ment hungry for the nicer things in life like the pretty dresses the pretty hats that she knew she could never have, then she said son poor people have poor ways, guess thats why i loved the grapes of wrath the old gal in it tom joads mother reminded me of mom , allways only thinking of the kids first!"
tyree | 09.02.06 - 1:19 pm


Merle Haggard - Hungry Eyes


From all of us.


Anonymous