Saturday, August 05, 2006

GAZA AS BAD AS LEBANON


After reading about all the death and destruction in the world this week, I'm spent. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how anyone thinks this is ok. I think I have problems, and then I look at what these people suffer through day in and day out.
You can go here to contribute to relief efforts.


By Lucy Williamson
BBC News, Gaza

Israeli air attacks occur several nights a week in Gaza
The United Nations has called on world leaders not to forget the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, saying it is at least as serious as that in southern Lebanon.

More than 140 people have been killed during Israel's operations there over the past month, many of them civilians.

Delivery of food and other essential items has been reduced to a trickle.

Thirty aid agencies backed the appeal, and one charity spoke of a sense among aid agencies that Gaza's population was being terrorised.



Full article here


Question Girl